Saturday, October 06, 2007

untrue


O Kode9 παίρνει συνέντευξη από τον Burial:


It was a bit weird people hearing the first record because most of those tunes were made without me expecting them ever to be heard.
[..]


I want to do low key records so i got uneasy if there was attention. my tunes aren't for everyone but thats the point of it, it's for those people. But I still want people to like it, Im not some ice cold fretless bass playing psychopath.
[..]


the first [album] was quite a pissed off basic record, downcast. this one has more little bits of vocals glowing in it, flickering around and burning in the tune, messed with.
[..]

It's always been difficult for me to make tunes. i'd just sit or walk waiting for night to fall hoping i'd make something i liked. Or come back in and try to make the club echo in my head from going out[..]
I still made most of the tunes in the dead of the night, and when you do that you have to let the tune kind of hypnotize you otherwise you'll just fall asleep or play Playstation.
[..]

I can't get a singer or some session musician to come in and play or sing some dry song, so I've got to get people singing acapellas or just mates singing in their phones and re-cut up what they're saying. Sometimes I run out of a vocal and I have to re-cut up each word and make them sing a whole new verse, and you cant tell what they're saying. But I feel I can make them say certain lyrics.

I love the sound of 'girl next door' vocals. The way it used to be. Give me that any day over a really talented trained person that can actually sing. There used to be a girl who used to sing in the flat next door but I didn't have the guts to ask her. That would have been kind of awkward to ask.
[..]

Kode 9: Why don't you do gigs?

Burial: I'm not that kind of person who can step up. I just want to make tunes.

Kode 9: Why don't you want to do pictures?

Burial: Same reason. I like the old records, where you didn't know who made them and it didn't matter. You got into the tunes more. I don't want anyone knowing i do tunes.

Kode 9: Why is the album called Untrue?

Burial: When you are not acting like yourself . . .that's an everyday thing for everyone, but it can be a bit sinister . . .It's like the opposite of Unite.





Από εδώ.

O νέος δίσκος του Burial, ‘Untrue’ κυκλοφορεί στις 5 Νοεμβρίου από την Hyperdub. Απ’ό,τι βλέπω στο tracklist δεν περιέχει ούτε το ‘Unite’, ούτε το ‘Stairwell’- το τελευταίο θα βγει ως 12” ‘Stairwell’/‘Feral Witchchild’ τον Φεβρουάριο του 2008.
Το εξώφυλλο είναι σχεδιασμένο από τον ίδιο τον Burial.

Κι ένα πιο παλιό track: Burial-Versus

3 Comments:

Blogger schottkey said...

Fact interview.

8/10/07 23:31  
Blogger enteka said...

θενκς!

9/10/07 14:00  
Blogger schottkey said...

y'r w.
:)

9/10/07 16:03  

Post a Comment

<< Home








eXTReMe Tracker