Friday, December 14, 2012

schott:2012 key:07





7. Twin Shadow-Confess [4AD]
I spent two days in Switzerland. Then I took a bus from Switzerland to Italy, then hitchhiked to get to this town where there was this girl from school who had graduated and who I was sort of in love with but I had lost her phone number and wasn't even that sure if she was in Italy. So I wandered around and met this totally cool guy named Nicola who had greased-back hair and wore Wayfarer sunglasses and who loved Springsteen and kept asking me if I'd ever seen him in concert. It was then that I felt like an idiot for being an American but only for a little while since I finally got a ride from some French guy in a white Fiat who played Michael Jackson really loud and air- jammed. Then I was in some town called Brandis or Blandy or Brotto. Kids eating ice cream, all the movie theaters playing Bruce Lee movies, all the girls thought I was Rob Lowe or something. Still was looking for that girl, Jaime.
-The Rules of Attraction, Bret Easton Ellis





 so far:
7. Twin Shadow-Confess [4AD]
8. Vatican Shadow-Ghosts of Chechnya [Hospital Productions]
9. Beach House-Bloom [Bella Union]
10. Emeralds-Just to Feel Anything [EDITIONS mego]
11. Wild Nothing-Nocturne [Captured Tracks]
12. Kendrick Lamar-good kid, m.A.A.d city [Aftermath]
13. Robert Hood-Motor: Nighttime World 3 [Music Man Records]
14. Grizzly Bear-Shields [Warp]
15. Juju and Jordash-Techno Primitivism [Dekmantel]
16. S U R V I V E-S U R V I V E [Mannequin Records]
17. Chromatics-Kill for Love [Italians Do It Better]
18. Steve Moore-Light Echoes [Cuneiform Records]
19. Lee Gamble-Diversions 1994-1996 [PAN]
20. Terrence Dixon-From the Far Future Pt.2 [Tresor]

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home








eXTReMe Tracker